Updated: Jul 18
Dessert can seem off-limits when you're trying to eat healthy.. But don't leave the dessert out of your menu and still keep your diet healthy even when you're out and about.
I want to give you the 5 of the most popular recipes, for you Guys and Girls, thank you all for the support :)
1. Whipped Banana "Ice Cream" Do you have a couple bananas? That's all that you needed to make this light and refreshing ice cream. "Frozen bananas, when whipped, have a nice fresh ice cream-sorbet-type taste. It's a great way to satisfy your cravings while also healthy."
Prep: Ingredients: 2 bananas, peeled and sliced. 5 min. Directions:
Additional: Step 1
1 hr. 30 min. Place sliced bananas in an airtight container Total: and freeze until solid, about 2 hours. 2 hours. Step 2 Servings: Blend frozen bananas in blender until whipped 1. and smooth.
You can whip room temperature bananas first and then freeze them, but they will have to
thaw a bit before you can scoop it (it will freeze completely solid).
You can certainly eat the whipped bananas alone, but I find that it always taste wonderful
to add some peanut butter or chocolate to the blender before whipping to give the ice cream
some flavor. Be creative and choose something you like :)
Per Serving: 210 calories; protein 2.6g; carbohydrates 53.9g; fat 0.8g; sodium 2.4mg.
2. Avocado, Banana, Chocolate Delight. Subscriber Dina says, "My partner and I could not tell the difference between this ABC pudding and the super expensive bought ones. I could not taste the avocado and it was so creamy, so delicious :)" Get your chocolate cravings fixed with this nutritious vegan pudding.
Prep: Ingredients: 1 ripe avocado, peeled and 4 very ripe
10 min. bananas, ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish. Directions:
Additional: Step 1
1 hour. Place avocados, bananas, and cocoa powder in a Total: blender until smooth, and freeze until solid, (2 hours) 2 hours. Step 2 Servings: Pour pudding into serving bowls and sprinkle additional 6. cocoa powder on top for garnish, chill in refrigerator.
Note: For a colder treat, use frozen banana slices instead. After pureed, place your pudding in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 132 calories; protein 2.2g; carbohydrates 22.8g; fat 5.7g; sodium 3.9mg.
3. Baked Apple Slices Have a few apples in the garden? Use them for this fantastic dessert! Subscriber Lisa says, "This tastes just like apple pie filling!" Warm your body up with this super simple fall dessert that's ready in just twenty minutes. Ad a whipped cream on the top :)
Prep: Ingredients: 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored and 5 min. sliced, 2 ½ tbs. water, 1 tbs. cornstarch, 1 ½
tbs. white sugar, 1 pinch ground cinnamon.
Directions: Cook. Step 1 15 min. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Additional: Step 2
Spread the apple slices into the bottom of a small Total: backing dish, Whisk the water and cornstarch together 20 min. in a small bowl; pour over the apple slices and gently stir. Servings: Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the slices.
1. Step 3 Cook in the preheated oven (about 15 min).
Warm yourself up with this super simple dessert that's ready in just twenty minutes. And a little of whipped cream on top :)
Per Serving: 166 calories; protein 0.5g; carbohydrates 44g; sodium 2.2mg.
4. Tiny Banana Cream Pies Spread some whipped cream on a graham cracker and top it with banana slices! you’ve got banana cream pie in each bite. This is a great recipe for a sweet tooth, takes no time, and is a healthier dessert option. This recipe is made to be eaten right after it's made :)
Prep: Ingredients: 5 tbs. whipped cream, 5 honey graham 5 min. crackers, 5 (1/2-inch) slices banana. Additional: Directions:
Total: Spread 1 tablespoon whipped cream over each graham 5 min. cracker, Top with a slice of banana. Servings: Step 2 5. tiny pieces Spread a little cream on the top of the banana.
This is a great recipe for a sweet tooth, takes no time, and is a healthier dessert option.
Per Serving: 142 calories; protein 1.9g; carbohydrates 32.7g; fat 1.8g; cholesterol 2.3mg;
5. Avocado Ice Pops "These are really Fabulous good. It's the mint that takes them to the top of my list," says subscriber Jane. "I will be making these all summer long." This is a so mellow rich fruit, it lends itself naturally sweetness and a nice creamy treat! especially refreshing and cooling on a hot summer day :)
Prep: Ingredients: 2 cups water, 1 cup white sugar, 2 avocado, 20 min. ½ cup lime juice, ⅓ cup chopped fresh mint
mint is (Optional) :)
Directions: Cook. Step 1 5 min. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir sugar into boiling
Additional: water until dissolved. Remove from heat to cool.
3 hours Step 2 Total: Mash avocado with lime juice and sugar-water in a bowl 3 hrs. 25 min. until smooth. Stir mint through the avocado mix. Pour into Servings: the ice pop molds.
10. Step 3 Store in freezer until frozen solid, at least 3 hours.
Sweet and creamy :) I've been making these for years and they have become a big favorite.
Per Serving: 145 calories; protein 0.9g; carbohydrates 24.5g; fat 5.9g; sodium 4.5mg.
4 BONUS TIPS FOR MAKING HEALTHY DESSERTS EXTRA DELICIOUS
The good news of today is that many desserts can be made healthy. You might say that healthy desserts do not taste as good as the unhealthy ones. I politely disagree :) I know for a fact that healthy desserts taste amazing :)
You can easy find so many healthy alternatives-light desserts, low-fat desserts, low-calorie desserts, quick healthy desserts, and easy healthy desserts. You won’t have to stress about dessert time ever again.
Consider some of these tips:
Make it with nuts. Unless you have a nut allergy, you can use nuts to make desserts taste better. For some healthier desserts, you can even replace the classic base with a nut-base.
Use seasonal fruits. Seasonal fruits taste better and they make a difference in your desserts too so try to use them as often as possible in your dessert recipes.
Use real sweeteners. Most healthy desserts are not delicious because they are not sweet enough. And people with a sweet tooth are able to tell the difference. Totally understandable. To make healthy desserts sweet, use natural sweeteners like raw honey or maple syrup instead of refined sugar. Also, use ripe fruits. They add a naturally sweet flavor even to the healthiest desserts.
Use high-quality ingredients. This is such an important thing to remember. If you want easy healthy desserts that taste finger-licking-good, don’t compromise on quality.
As your Nutritional Wellnes